Welcome back to Straight Up Paleo, where Christina Rice and Kara Halderman answer all of your health questions…straight up.
If you want to submit a question or comment, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website, straightuppaleo.com.
5:00 – Flu Talk
9:00 – Fasting
19:30 – Check out our latest sponsor Somnifix! An amazing mouth tape to help your sleep and solve many problems that may occur because of mouth breathing!
Use coupon code “SUPSLEEP” for 10% off!
Reasons you should check out Somnifix:
- Mouth breathing is highly inefficient. Besides leading to dry mouth, sore throat, and nasal congestion, it can cause snores, lowered blood oxygen saturation, and worsened immunity. These have serious consequences for health, fitness, and sleep.
- The simple solution to all of these issues is breathing through the nose.
- It’s easy to be cognizant of breathing during the day, but mouth breathing during sleep is widespread because we are paralyzed for certain parts of our sleep. This paralysis, called atonia, particularly affects the muscles around the mouth and neck.
- A great way to ensure proper breathing is by using SomniFix Mouth Strips.
- They are fully hypoallergenic–we’ve done extensive biocompatibility testing to ensure that users won’t experience allergic reactions or irritated skin.
- Our adhesive was specially-engineered for the lips. That means no pain or difficulty removing it, and no sticky residue left behind. It also releases just with the force of opening the mouth (another safety feature).
- We included the mesh-covered breathing vent to ensure limited mouth breathing is possible if necessary.
- We conducted clinical trials with our device in partnership with researchers from Harvard Medical School, and we saw that our strips are effective in reducing ‘mouth’ snores and in improving breathing efficiency.
- All contents of our box (box, pouches, strips, branded liner) are recyclable.
- Remember, the nose is for breathing and the mouth is for eating
Use “SUPSLEEP” for 10% off and tag us with your mouth tape on Instagram!
25:50 – Which health tests should you prioritize and are they worth it?
28:10 – Stool analysis testings
28:40 – Saliva hormone test, 3 point or 6 point
30:00 – Basic blood panel
31:35 – In depth thyroid panel
33:00 – Combination of food sensitivity test and stool test
34:00 – MRT food sensitivity test
43:00 – Thoughts on Vitamins and Supplements and figuring out what you should be taking
54:30 – Why you may be more hungry on rest days
Don’t forget to join our Straight Up Paleo Pals Facebook Group to chat and ask questions!Send in questions at StraightUpPaleo.com, our email email@example.com, or our Facebook page! Also please rate, review, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes!
Christina’s latest ebook, #NoSugarNoProblems: A Lovely Collection of Paleo Sweetener-Free Desserts, is now available! This ebook is filled with 30 paleo desserts (with plenty of vegan options) that are free of all sugar and sugar substitutes – cookies, brownies, cupcakes, puddings, milkshakes, cheesecake, cream pie, and more! No sugar, no stevia, no xylitol, no maple syrup, no honey, no erythritol, no bananas, and no dates! This is perfect for anyone who is on the Candida diet, ketogenic, low-carb, diabetic, low-FODMAP, paleo, primal, vegetarian, vegan, or just looking to limit their sugar intake! You can get your copy at addictedtolovely.com under “ebooks” or at bit.ly/nosugarnoproblems. Use the code “straightuppaleo” for 20% off!
Are you in the Dallas area and looking for a private holistic chef to provide you with delicious, beautiful meals?! Email Kara at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about her private chef services!
If you want to snag Christina and Kayleigh’s holiday ebook, head to addictedtolovely.com or bit.ly/gratitudehhg! Use the code “straightuppaleo” for 20% off at checkout! Gratitude: A Healthy Holiday Guide for a Paleo Thanksgiving has everything you’ll need for a stress-free, delicious holiday season! There are over 20 delicious paleo recipes inside (and most are vegan), a holiday planning checklist and calendar, and a ton of written content with tips on digestion, how to deal with family drama, what to do about holiday treats, how to exercise, the holiday mindset, and more!
Don’t forget to join our Facebook group, Straight Up Paleo Pals!
You can find Christina at addictedtolovely.com, @addicted_to_lovely on Instagram, and on the Actually Adultish Podcast. You can also email her at email@example.com for consultations.
You can find Kara at karaboutit.com, @kara_boutit on Instagram and you can also email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for consultations.