Welcome back to Straight Up Paleo, where Christina Rice and Kara Halderman answer all of your health questions…straight up.
If you want to submit a question or comment, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website, straightuppaleo.com.
2:00 – Everyone give Kara a shoutout, its her 23 BIRTHDAY!
3:00 – Christina’s new website launch today! Check it out at ChristinaRiceWellness.com
9:12 – Our love for Cauliflour Pizza Crust by Cali’flour Foods
Cali’flour Foods makes AMAZING cauliflower pizza crusts that not only taste like pizza, but actually hold your toppings unlike other brands. Check out the Vegan crust that is completely Paleo and has super clean ingredients.
Check it out at Cali’flourfoods.com for the best pizza crusts!
20:00 – Thoughts on using Somnifix Mouth Tape on a plain
Check out our sponsor Somnifix! An amazing mouth tape to help your sleep and solve many problems that may occur because of mouth breathing!
Use coupon code “SUPSLEEP” for 10% off!
Reasons you should check out Somnifix:
- Mouth breathing is highly inefficient. Besides leading to dry mouth, sore throat, and nasal congestion, it can cause snores, lowered blood oxygen saturation, and worsened immunity. These have serious consequences for health, fitness, and sleep.
- The simple solution to all of these issues is breathing through the nose.
- It’s easy to be cognizant of breathing during the day, but mouth breathing during sleep is widespread because we are paralyzed for certain parts of our sleep. This paralysis, called atonia, particularly affects the muscles around the mouth and neck.
- A great way to ensure proper breathing is by using SomniFix Mouth Strips.
- They are fully hypoallergenic–we’ve done extensive biocompatibility testing to ensure that users won’t experience allergic reactions or irritated skin.
- Our adhesive was specially-engineered for the lips. That means no pain or difficulty removing it, and no sticky residue left behind. It also releases just with the force of opening the mouth (another safety feature).
- We included the mesh-covered breathing vent to ensure limited mouth breathing is possible if necessary.
- We conducted clinical trials with our device in partnership with researchers from Harvard Medical School, and we saw that our strips are effective in reducing ‘mouth’ snores and in improving breathing efficiency.
- All contents of our box (box, pouches, strips, branded liner) are recyclable.
- Remember, the nose is for breathing and the mouth is for eating
Use “SUPSLEEP” for 10% off and tag us with your mouth tape on Instagram!
28:00 – Thoughts on body positivity pushing everything is fine to eat
49:15 – Thoughts on programs like Weight Watchers
56:00 – Fear of fullness and eating to 80% fullness
Don’t forget to join our Straight Up Paleo Pals Facebook Group to chat and ask questions!Send in questions at StraightUpPaleo.com, our email email@example.com, or our Facebook page! Also please rate, review, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes!
Christina’s latest ebook, #NoSugarNoProblems: A Lovely Collection of Paleo Sweetener-Free Desserts, is now available! This ebook is filled with 30 paleo desserts (with plenty of vegan options) that are free of all sugar and sugar substitutes – cookies, brownies, cupcakes, puddings, milkshakes, cheesecake, cream pie, and more! No sugar, no stevia, no xylitol, no maple syrup, no honey, no erythritol, no bananas, and no dates! This is perfect for anyone who is on the Candida diet, ketogenic, low-carb, diabetic, low-FODMAP, paleo, primal, vegetarian, vegan, or just looking to limit their sugar intake! You can get your copy at christinaricewellness.com under “ebooks” or at bit.ly/nosugarnoproblems. Use the code “straightuppaleo” for 20% off!
Are you in the Dallas area and looking for a private holistic chef to provide you with delicious, beautiful meals?! Email Kara at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about her private chef services!
Don’t forget to join our Facebook group, Straight Up Paleo Pals!
You can find Christina at christinaricewellness.com @christinaricewellness on Instagram, and on the Wellness Realness podcast. You can also email her at christina@
You can find Kara at karaboutit.com, @kara_boutit on Instagram and you can also email her at email@example.com for consultations.