Welcome back to Straight Up Paleo, where Christina Rice and Kara Halderman answer all of your health questions…straight up.
If you want to submit a question or comment, you can email us at email@example.com or visit our website, straightuppaleo.com.
3:00 – Updates from the NTA Conference, eating our way through the weekend!
5:30 – Check out Cauliflour Pizza Crust by Cali’flour Foods
Cali’flour Foods makes AMAZING cauliflower pizza crusts that not only taste like pizza, but actually hold your toppings unlike other brands. Check out the Vegan crust that is completely Paleo and has super clean ingredients.
Check it out at Cali’flourfoods.com for the best pizza crusts! Get 10 % off with our code “straightuppaleo”
18:20 – Tips for traveling: Somnifix and Squatty Potty!
Check out our sponsor Somnifix! An amazing mouth tape to help your sleep and solve many problems that may occur because of mouth breathing!
Use coupon code “SUPSLEEP” for 10% off!
Reasons you should check out Somnifix:
- Mouth breathing is highly inefficient. Besides leading to dry mouth, sore throat, and nasal congestion, it can cause snores, lowered blood oxygen saturation, and worsened immunity. These have serious consequences for health, fitness, and sleep.
- The simple solution to all of these issues is breathing through the nose.
- It’s easy to be cognizant of breathing during the day, but mouth breathing during sleep is widespread because we are paralyzed for certain parts of our sleep. This paralysis, called atonia, particularly affects the muscles around the mouth and neck.
- A great way to ensure proper breathing is by using SomniFix Mouth Strips.
- They are fully hypoallergenic–we’ve done extensive biocompatibility testing to ensure that users won’t experience allergic reactions or irritated skin.
- Our adhesive was specially-engineered for the lips. That means no pain or difficulty removing it, and no sticky residue left behind. It also releases just with the force of opening the mouth (another safety feature).
- We included the mesh-covered breathing vent to ensure limited mouth breathing is possible if necessary.
- We conducted clinical trials with our device in partnership with researchers from Harvard Medical School, and we saw that our strips are effective in reducing ‘mouth’ snores and in improving breathing efficiency.
- All contents of our box (box, pouches, strips, branded liner) are recyclable.
- Remember, the nose is for breathing and the mouth is for eating
Use “SUPSLEEP” for 10% off and tag us with your mouth tape on Instagram!
22:00 – Diving deeper into the NTA Conference
23:00 – Wellness on a non-physical level
33:00 – Dr. Deanna Minich on the Chakra System, food and the colors
36:45 – Talk on eating disorders at the NTA
45:00 – Darryl Edward’s talk on incorporating overall movement throughout the day
49:15 – The Low Carb Panel
59:30 – Talk on body image connection to physical worth
Don’t forget to join our Straight Up Paleo Pals Facebook Group to chat and ask questions!Send in questions at StraightUpPaleo.com, our email firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Facebook page! Also please rate, review, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes!
Christina’s latest ebook, #NoSugarNoProblems: A Lovely Collection of Paleo Sweetener-Free Desserts, is now available! This ebook is filled with 30 paleo desserts (with plenty of vegan options) that are free of all sugar and sugar substitutes – cookies, brownies, cupcakes, puddings, milkshakes, cheesecake, cream pie, and more! No sugar, no stevia, no xylitol, no maple syrup, no honey, no erythritol, no bananas, and no dates! This is perfect for anyone who is on the Candida diet, ketogenic, low-carb, diabetic, low-FODMAP, paleo, primal, vegetarian, vegan, or just looking to limit their sugar intake! You can get your copy at christinaricewellness.com under “ebooks” or at bit.ly/nosugarnoproblems. Use the code “straightuppaleo” for 20% off!
Are you in the Dallas area and looking for a private holistic chef to provide you with delicious, beautiful meals?! Email Kara at email@example.com to learn more about her private chef services!
Don’t forget to join our Facebook group, Straight Up Paleo Pals!
You can find Christina at christinaricewellness.com @christinaricewellness on Instagram, and on the Wellness Realness podcast. You can also email her at christina@
You can find Kara at karaboutit.com, @kara_boutit on Instagram and you can also email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for consultations.