Welcome back to Straight Up Paleo, where Christina Rice and Kara Halderman answer all of your health questions…straight up.
If you want to submit a question or comment, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website, straightuppaleo.com.
5:00- EXCITING ANNOUNCMENT. The SUP Retreat in Austin, Texas in August 2018!
The retreat will be from August 10th through the 12th. We will be doing workshops on nutrition, mindset, eating and cooking Paleo, go on walks and hikes, Q&A sessions and much more! We will be also sponsored by some of our favorite Paleo products that you will get in your goody bags! It will be the perfect way to connect with the Paleo community and make Paleo friends.
Sign up during May for a lower rate and grab your ticket now because spots are limited! Check it out at bit.ly/supretreat2018
11:15- One of our retreat sponsors is our favorite Thrive Market!
Check out our latest sponsor Thrive Market! Thrive Market is a revolutionary online marketplace on a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone.You can shop for thousands of the best-selling non-GMO foods and natural products, always at 25-50% below traditional retail prices. – Checkout the Thrive Market brand products because they are the highest quality ingredients at even more affordable prices than the current premium products carried on site. They carry tons of amazing Paleo products, healthy food items, and now even meat and seafood for reduced prices!
Get 60 dollars worth of FREE groceries, and FREE delivery at thrivemarket.com/
18:00- Paleo f(x) recap
21:20- Getting to see Nick from Somnifix!
Check out our sponsor Somnifix! An amazing mouth tape to help your sleep and solve many problems that may occur because of mouth breathing!
Use coupon code “SUPSLEEP” for 10% off!
Reasons you should check out Somnifix:
- Mouth breathing is highly inefficient. Besides leading to dry mouth, sore throat, and nasal congestion, it can cause snores, lowered blood oxygen saturation, and worsened immunity. These have serious consequences for health, fitness, and sleep.
- The simple solution to all of these issues is breathing through the nose.
- It’s easy to be cognizant of breathing during the day, but mouth breathing during sleep is widespread because we are paralyzed for certain parts of our sleep. This paralysis, called atonia, particularly affects the muscles around the mouth and neck.
- A great way to ensure proper breathing is by using SomniFix Mouth Strips.
- They are fully hypoallergenic–we’ve done extensive biocompatibility testing to ensure that users won’t experience allergic reactions or irritated skin.
- Our adhesive was specially-engineered for the lips. That means no pain or difficulty removing it, and no sticky residue left behind. It also releases just the force of opening the mouth (another safety feature).
- We included the mesh-covered breathing vent to ensure limited mouth breathing is possible if necessary.
- We conducted clinical trials with our device in partnership with researchers from Harvard Medical School, and we saw that our strips are effective in reducing ‘mouth’ snores and in improving breathing efficiency.
- All contents of our box (box, pouches, strips, branded liner) are recyclable.
- Remember, the nose is for breathing and the mouth is for eating
34:00- Interviewing the one and only, Kara!
27:30- Kara’s weight journey
1:03- Kara explains what NLP is
Don’t forget to join our Straight Up Paleo Pals Facebook Group to chat and ask questions!Send in questions at StraightUpPaleo.com, our email email@example.com, or our Facebook page! Also please rate, review, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes!
Christina’s latest ebook, #NoSugarNoProblems: A Lovely Collection of Paleo Sweetener-Free Desserts, is now available! This ebook is filled with 30 paleo desserts (with plenty of vegan options) that are free of all sugar and sugar substitutes – cookies, brownies, cupcakes, puddings, milkshakes, cheesecake, cream pie, and more! No sugar, no stevia, no xylitol, no maple syrup, no honey, no erythritol, no bananas, and no dates! This is perfect for anyone who is on the Candida diet, ketogenic, low-carb, diabetic, low-FODMAP, paleo, primal, vegetarian, vegan, or just looking to limit their sugar intake! You can get your copy at christinaricewellness.com under “ebooks” or at bit.ly/nosugarnoproblems. Use the code “straightuppaleo” for 20% off!
Are you in the Dallas area and looking for a private holistic chef to provide you with delicious, beautiful meals?! Email Kara at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about her private chef services!
You can find Christina at christinaricewellness.com @christinaricewellness on Instagram, and on the Wellness Realness podcast. You can also email her at christina@
christinaricewellness.com for consultations.”
You can find Kara at karaboutit.com, @kara_boutit on Instagram and you can also email her at email@example.com for consultations.