Welcome back to Straight Up Paleo, where Christina Rice and Kara Halderman answer all of your health questions…straight up.
If you want to submit a question or comment, you can email us at email@example.com or visit our website, straightuppaleo.com.
4:00 – What we can’t travel without, Somnifix!
Check out our sponsor Somnifix! An amazing mouth tape to help your sleep and solve many problems that may occur because of mouth breathing!
Use coupon code “SUPSLEEP” for 10% off!
Reasons you should check out Somnifix:
- Mouth breathing is highly inefficient. Besides leading to dry mouth, sore throat, and nasal congestion, it can cause snores, lowered blood oxygen saturation, and worsened immunity. These have serious consequences for health, fitness, and sleep.
- The simple solution to all of these issues is breathing through the nose.
- It’s easy to be cognizant of breathing during the day, but mouth breathing during sleep is widespread because we are paralyzed for certain parts of our sleep. This paralysis, called atonia, particularly affects the muscles around the mouth and neck.
- A great way to ensure proper breathing is by using SomniFix Mouth Strips.
- They are fully hypoallergenic–we’ve done extensive biocompatibility testing to ensure that users won’t experience allergic reactions or irritated skin.
- Our adhesive was specially-engineered for the lips. That means no pain or difficulty removing it, and no sticky residue left behind. It also releases just the force of opening the mouth (another safety feature).
- We included the mesh-covered breathing vent to ensure limited mouth breathing is possible if necessary.
- We conducted clinical trials with our device in partnership with researchers from Harvard Medical School, and we saw that our strips are effective in reducing ‘mouth’ snores and in improving breathing efficiency.
- All contents of our box (box, pouches, strips, branded liner) are recyclable.
- Remember, the nose is for breathing and the mouth is for eating
Use “SUPSLEEP” for 10% off and tag us with your mouth tape on Instagram!
In this program, you’ll receive video lectures, audio lectures, and PDFs that cover everything you need to know about health and wellness – nutrition, macronutrients, exercise, stress management, optimizing sleep, body image, balancing hormones, staying healthy in social situations, the top health mistakes women make, and more. The program can be done entirely at your own pace and if you want you can always join the group for more access!
14:00- Announcing our SUP RETREAT!!
The SUP Retreat in Austin, Texas in August 2018!
The retreat will be from August 10th through the 12th. We will be doing workshops on nutrition, mindset, eating and cooking Paleo, go on walks and hikes, Q&A sessions and much more! We will be also sponsored by some of our favorite Paleo products that you will get in your goody bags! It will be the perfect way to connect with the Paleo community and make Paleo friends.
Sign up during May for a lower rate and grab your ticket now because spots are limited! Check it out at bit.ly/supretreat2018
16:30- Introducing our guest Michelle Hoover! She is the author of the blog Unbound Wellness and podcast Unbound Healing. She is an expert in AIP, Hashimoto Space and is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to nutrition.
Check out Kara and Michelle’s 3 part Healing With Nutrition workshop at Brewed & Pressed!
19:30- Interview with Michelle Hoover!
23:30- Michelle’s health struggles
43:00- Addressing Hashimotos
55:00- How long should you wait to test out night shades again if you are AIP
58:30- Michelle’s issues with heavy metal toxicity
1:03:20- How long it takes to detox heavy metals
1:12:00- Carbohydrates with Hashimotos
1:17:00- What is a low carb diet?
1:21:00- Addressing the stress factor for Hashimotos