Welcome back to Straight Up Paleo, where Christina Rice and Kara Halderman answer all of your health questions…straight up.
If you want to submit a question or comment, you can email us at email@example.com or visit our website, straightuppaleo.com.
3:25– Coolest new shirts from Somnifix- “Nose Breather”
Use coupon code “SUPSLEEP” for 10% off!
Reasons you should check out Somnifix:
- Mouth breathing is highly inefficient. Besides leading to dry mouth, sore throat, and nasal congestion, it can cause snores, lowered blood oxygen saturation, and worsened immunity. These have serious consequences for health, fitness, and sleep.
- The simple solution to all of these issues is breathing through the nose.
- It’s easy to be cognizant of breathing during the day, but mouth breathing during sleep is widespread because we are paralyzed for certain parts of our sleep. This paralysis, called atonia, particularly affects the muscles around the mouth and neck.
- A great way to ensure proper breathing is by using SomniFix Mouth Strips.
- They are fully hypoallergenic–we’ve done extensive biocompatibility testing to ensure that users won’t experience allergic reactions or irritated skin.
- Our adhesive was specially-engineered for the lips. That means no pain or difficulty removing it, and no sticky residue left behind. It also releases just the force of opening the mouth (another safety feature).
- We included the mesh-covered breathing vent to ensure limited mouth breathing is possible if necessary.
- We conducted clinical trials with our device in partnership with researchers from Harvard Medical School, and we saw that our strips are effective in reducing ‘mouth’ snores and in improving breathing efficiency.
- All contents of our box (box, pouches, strips, branded liner) are recyclable.
- Remember, the nose is for breathing and the mouth is for eating
6:00– Paleo f(x) talk and general conference talk
11:25 – Intro to today’s guest, Jimmy Moore.
15:50 – Jimmy Moore’s Background
22:15– Competition in the Paleo and Keto world
30:30– How do you know who to trust when learning about health?
32:00- How Jimmy Moore found Keto
45:00- Switching from Atkins to Keto
48:12- Jimmy’s experiment with high protein diet
56:30- What do you do if you are hungry on Keto?
1:00- Do calories matter in Ketosis?
1:05- How many veggies Jimmy eats on Keto
1:06:40- Jimmy’s opinion on Keto sweeteners
1:11- Differences between men and women on Keto
1:14- Developing intolerances on Keto
1:16- Go get Jimmy’s books starting with Keto Clarity,
1:18:40- Jimmy’s thoughts on the Keto-terian
Find Jimmy at http://www.livinlavidalowcarb.com/
Don’t forget to join our Straight Up Paleo Pals Facebook Group to chat and ask questions!Send in questions at StraightUpPaleo.com, our email firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Facebook page! Also please rate, review, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes!
Christina’s latest ebook, #NoSugarNoProblems: A Lovely Collection of Paleo Sweetener-Free Desserts, is now available! This ebook is filled with 30 paleo desserts (with plenty of vegan options) that are free of all sugar and sugar substitutes – cookies, brownies, cupcakes, puddings, milkshakes, cheesecake, cream pie, and more! No sugar, no stevia, no xylitol, no maple syrup, no honey, no erythritol, no bananas, and no dates! This is perfect for anyone who is on the Candida diet, ketogenic, low-carb, diabetic, low-FODMAP, paleo, primal, vegetarian, vegan, or just looking to limit their sugar intake! You can get your copy at christinaricewellness.com under “ebooks” or at bit.ly/nosugarnoproblems. Use the code “straightuppaleo” for 20% off!
Are you in the Dallas area and looking for a private holistic chef to provide you with delicious, beautiful meals?! Email Kara at email@example.com to learn more about her private chef services!
You can find Christina at christinaricewellness.com @christinaricewellness on Instagram, and on the Wellness Realness podcast. You can also email her at christina@
You can find Kara at karaboutit.com, @kara_boutit on Instagram and you can also email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for consultations.