Welcome back to Straight Up Paleo, where Christina Rice and Kara Halderman answer all of your health questions…straight up.
If you want to submit a question or comment, you can email us at email@example.com or visit our website, straightuppaleo.com.
3:45 – Don’t forget to join our Facebook group, Straight Up Paleo Pals!
Send in questions and topics for our future podcast at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website!
5:00 – ARTISANA GIVEAWAY!!! We are partnering with Artisana to give away nut butters to 3 winners!
To enter the giveaway you must leave a Straight Up Paleo Podcast review on iTunes, screenshot it, and send it to email@example.com. If you have already done that, you can share a Straight Up Paleo Podcast episode to your Instagram stories, screenshot that, and email the screenshot to us!
Each winner will get two jars of Artisana and you get to pick your flavors!
9:30 – Check out our latest sponsor Somnifix! An amazing mouth tape to help your sleep and solve many problems that may occur because of mouth breathing!
Use coupon code “SUPSLEEP” for 10% off!
Reasons you should check out Somnifix:
- Mouth breathing is highly inefficient. Besides leading to dry mouth, sore throat, and nasal congestion, it can cause snores, lowered blood oxygen saturation, and worsened immunity. These have serious consequences for health, fitness, and sleep.
- The simple solution to all of these issues is breathing through the nose.
- It’s easy to be cognizant of breathing during the day, but mouth breathing during sleep is widespread because we are paralyzed for certain parts of our sleep. This paralysis, called atonia, particularly affects the muscles around the mouth and neck.
- A great way to ensure proper breathing is by using SomniFix Mouth Strips.
- They are fully hypoallergenic–we’ve done extensive biocompatibility testing to ensure that users won’t experience allergic reactions or irritated skin.
- Our adhesive was specially-engineered for the lips. That means no pain or difficulty removing it, and no sticky residue left behind. It also releases just with the force of opening the mouth (another safety feature).
- We included the mesh-covered breathing vent to ensure limited mouth breathing is possible if necessary.
- We conducted clinical trials with our device in partnership with researchers from Harvard Medical School, and we saw that our strips are effective in reducing ‘mouth’ snores and in improving breathing efficiency.
- All contents of our box (box, pouches, strips, branded liner) are recyclable.
- Remember, the nose is for breathing and the mouth is for eating
Use “SUPSLEEP” for 10% off and tag us with your mouth tape on Instagram!
18:00 – Introducing our guest Diana Rodgers! A Nutritional Therapist Practitioner, creator of the blog Sustainable Dish, and host of the podcast, Sustainable Dish.
20:23 – Diana’s documentary Kale vs. Cow
21:10 – Diana’s background story
45:20 – More details into Kale vs. Cow
47:57 – Why you should eat red meat
53:00 – Thoughts on conventional beef vs. chickens
53:30 – What would happen if we didn’t have cows
59:40 – Should you limit red meat?
1:02:30 – How to shop for protein
1:08:00 – A good amount of protein people should be eating
1:11:00 – Go support Kale vs. Cow!
Learn more about the upcoming film and Diana Rodgers at Sustainable Dish!
Don’t forget to rate and review on iTunes and enter the Artisana Giveaway!
Don’t forget to join our Straight Up Paleo Pals Facebook Group to chat and ask questions!Send in questions at StraightUpPaleo.com, our email firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Facebook page! Also please rate, review, and subscribe to the podcast on iTunes!
Christina’s latest ebook, #NoSugarNoProblems: A Lovely Collection of Paleo Sweetener-Free Desserts, is now available! This ebook is filled with 30 paleo desserts (with plenty of vegan options) that are free of all sugar and sugar substitutes – cookies, brownies, cupcakes, puddings, milkshakes, cheesecake, cream pie, and more! No sugar, no stevia, no xylitol, no maple syrup, no honey, no erythritol, no bananas, and no dates! This is perfect for anyone who is on the Candida diet, ketogenic, low-carb, diabetic, low-FODMAP, paleo, primal, vegetarian, vegan, or just looking to limit their sugar intake! You can get your copy at addictedtolovely.com under “ebooks” or at bit.ly/nosugarnoproblems. Use the code “straightuppaleo” for 20% off!
Are you in the Dallas area and looking for a private holistic chef to provide you with delicious, beautiful meals?! Email Kara at email@example.com to learn more about her private chef services!
If you want to snag Christina and Kayleigh’s holiday ebook, head to addictedtolovely.com or bit.ly/gratitudehhg! Use the code “straightuppaleo” for 20% off at checkout! Gratitude: A Healthy Holiday Guide for a Paleo Thanksgiving has everything you’ll need for a stress-free, delicious holiday season! There are over 20 delicious paleo recipes inside (and most are vegan), a holiday planning checklist and calendar, and a ton of written content with tips on digestion, how to deal with family drama, what to do about holiday treats, how to exercise, the holiday mindset, and more!
Don’t forget to join our Facebook group, Straight Up Paleo Pals!
You can find Christina at addictedtolovely.com, @addicted_to_lovely on Instagram, and on the Actually Adultish Podcast. You can also email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for consultations.
You can find Kara at karaboutit.com, @kara_boutit on Instagram and you can also email her at email@example.com for consultations.